Steps to begin broadcasting using WinAmp:
1- If you don't have WinAmp installed, go here for the latest version >>> http://www.winamp.com/player/
2- Now you need to get the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in for Winamp >>> http://yp.shoutcast.com/downloads/shoutcast-dsp-1-9-0-windows.exe
3. Once you have downloaded the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in, close Winamp if its already running and double-click the installer file that you downloaded in step 2 above, and follow the onscreen instructions to install.
4. Start Winamp and open Preferences (CTRL-P) and click on the DSP/effects subcategory under the Plug-ins tree.
5. Configure the encoder(s) for WinAmp. On the Shoutcast Source pop-up box, go to the 2nd tab (output). For the 1st encoder, highlight it (Output 1) .. now enter your encoder information:
- Address .. this is address of your streaming server (example: 22.214.171.124) .. IMPORTANT ** DO NOT put in http:// before the IP address
- Port .. this is the port that was given to you (example: 8000)
- Password .. enter the password that was given to you
- Encoder .. select 1 for your first one
6. Click on the 3rd tab (encoder). Enter the information that was given to you by your stream host:
- Encoder .. select Encoder 1 for the 1st one
- Encoder type .. select MP3 encoder or AAC+ encoder ... select whichever one you want to use (usually MP3)
- Encoder Settings .. enter your bitrate and sample rate and channels ... an example might be 128kbps / 44.100kHz / Stereo
7. Go back to the second tab (output) .. click on CONNECT .. you should see above in Status information about your stream. The numbers will move to indicate how many bytes you are sending. Make sure that you are PLAYING music.
8. If all is well, then you can set up the stream information (URL, Stream Name, Genre, etc.) .. Click on the box that says "Yellow Pages" ..
- If you want the world to see you listed on Shoutcast, put a check mark in the Make This Server Public box
- Description .. enter your Stream (or station name) so people and search for you .. eg: LAs HOT Country
- URL .. enter the address of your station .. eg: http://www.lahotcountry.com
- Genre .. enter the genre of your station .. eg: Country
- AIM / ICQ / IRC .. if you want this information listed, enter it in the box(es)
- Track Title / URL ... recommended settings is to put a check mark in Enable Title Updates and in both Auto(s)
9. Click on the connection box .. It is recommended to disconnect / re-connect so the settings in step #8 will be captured.
10. Here is some screen shots of what the above boxes should look like: